I was about to go to bed when I saw this on Meg and Maddi’s blog and I just can’t not do it! It’s late and I’m tired but I have to do this survey or else I’ll be thinking about it until 3 in the morning (haha!). So yeah, I guess this is also one way for my readers to get to know me a bit better. I’ve been told that a person’s reading habits are a reflection of their inner soul. And I totally did not just make that up. x
Author you’ve read the most books from:
- Rick Riordan! I’m kind of surprised because I thought it would be Sarah Dessen (I’ve read every Sarah Dessen book there is) but I just realized that I’ve also read every Rick Riordan book there is. Plus all of the PJO Demigod Files… And the PJO Short Stories…
Best Sequel Ever:
- This is so bloody difficult, ugh. I must say it’s The Scorch Trials by James Dashner. I liked The Maze Runner but The Scorch Trials just blew me away and left me feeling bereft after I’ve finished. It was so depressing and amazing at the same time that I just wanna send JD a long and angry rant about the amount of suffering he’s causing me.
- Love in The Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and The Sixth Power by Carol Nicolas
Drink of Choice While Reading:
- Hot Choco or Apple Juice! I love hot choco on rainy days. I drink apple juice when I’m reading on the patio during late afternoons.
E-reader or Physical Book?
- Physical Book! The problem is, my city doesn’t have a proper bookstore. We only have two bookstores and they only sell textbooks and some local novelas or whatnot. Everytime I go to the big cities (we’re kind of a suburban city, I don’t know how to explain it) like Cebu or Manila, I make it a point to buy as many books as the airport would allow me to carry home with me, but for the most part, I’m stuck with ebooks. My Kobo app is kind of amazing, though, so I don’t really mind all that much.
Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
- Adrian Ivashkov from Vampire Academy/Bloodlines. I don’t know but I kinda like the fact that he acts like nothing touches him but deep down he’s actually more affected than anyone, and you’ll know that you’re special to him if he lets you glimpse that vulnerable side of him. I love his kind of humor and his fierce loyalty, and just his ability to love with everything he has. Funnily enough I had a friend who is sort of like Adrian in all the above-mentioned respects and he was my first love but yeah, it didn’t work out.
Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
- Angelfall by Susan Ee! I can’t believe I almost did not read that book! I gave it a 5-star rating in this review!
Hidden Gem Book:
- Skulduggery Pleasant Series by Derek Landy. I don’t know why but so few people know about this great, great series and I just want to tell the whole world how awesome these books are so they could fangirl with me. Skulduggery Pleasant deserves MORE recognition that it’s currently getting because, ohmygod, it’s bloody brilliant.
Important Moment in your Reading Life:
- Installing Kobo on my Tablet and learning how to read an epub file on my PC. It solved the problem of not having a bookstore and it introduced me to a lot of life-changing reads. Also, starting this blog! It lets me practice my rusty writing
Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
- Erotica. I think 50 Shades of Grey is the first and only of this genre that I would read, ever. And even that was just out of curiosity.
Longest Book You’ve Read:
- A Storm of Swords, George R.R. Martin. 1, 177 pages.
Major book hangover because of:
- Girl of Nightmares (Anna #2) by Kendare Blake. I know that the ending is justifiable in every way but I just – ugh – I wanted more. I’m still hangover despite the fact that I’ve read this like, 8 months ago.
Number of Bookcases You Own:
- Three! The third one is not yet filled, though.
One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Summer before freshman year of college I had a serious case of clinical depression and all I wanted to do was sleep the day away until it bleeds into the next one. When I couldn’t sleep, despite the fact that I had all seven HP books, for some reason it was HBP that I would pick up and re-read, over and over and over again. During that summer alone, I read HBP like, 16 times. This may sound over-dramatic, but I felt like I owe my life to this book because it kept my thoughts away from spiralling further down.
Preferred Place To Read:
- In my room and in the patio. Anywhere with a comfy couch, rocking chair, or a place to lie down, really.
Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
- “The dedication of this book is split seven ways: to Neil, to Jessica, to David, to Kenzie, to Di, to Anne, and to you, if you have stuck with Harry until the very end.” – J.K. Rowling
I am actually tearing up right now, not even kidding.
- I regret reading Cassie Clare’s stuff. Let’s just say that I found out how big of a bully she was to a lot of people back in the day, and even now there are complaints about her especially on Tumblr correspondence with some of her followers.
Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
- Chaos Walking Series by Patrick Ness
Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, Dreamland by Sarah Dessen, aaaand, you know it! Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince
Unapologetic Fangirl For:
- Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Heroes of Olympus, Skulduggery Pleasant, Ender’s Game etc etc
Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
- Untold! The Lynburn Legacy #2 by Sarah Rees Brennan
Worst Bookish Habit:
- Starting too many books at once! Aaaahhh! I really can’t help it, though. :(
X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
- The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
Your latest book purchase:
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
- It’s actually a non-fiction? Haha. Bossypants by Tina Fey. It’s super hilarious.
And it’s done! I actually feel a lot better even though I took a long stroll along memory lane and shed some tears due to Harry Potter induced nostalgia. Also, thank you to The Perpetual Page Turner for making this fun fun fun survey. Until next time!
Happy reading! xxxx