Well, well, well! It’s that time of the week again! As you all know, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted @ The Broke and Bookish. This week’s topic is…
Top Ten Books we’d love to see as a Movie or T.V. Show
I personally love this topic, and so many books come to mind when I think of this. It’s really hard to pick my top ten, but somehow, I managed! Here are my picks for this week:
1. Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy – This book is so underrated, I swear, and it hurts me that not a lot of people know about the greatness of this series. It’s not all the time we get books with unique characters and unforgettable personalities, and this book is a great blend of those. It’s clever and witty and heartbreakingly fantastic and I really hope more people know about this gem of a book. It should be a movie, too, because well, that’d be pure awesome – if the casting is right and if Hollywood don’t butcher the plot.
2. I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have To Kill You (Gallagher Girls #1) by Ally Carter – I love this series and I think it’ll make a great movie franchise! Cammie Morgan and friends would be great role models for girls everywhere, plus, you know, the well-crafted plot and the awesome adventures. Lots of people are going crazy about Sherlock and James Bond when it comes to detective work and first class espionage, but omg, I think Ally Carter’s creation can add to the variety and compete in that arena as well.
3. Easy by Tammara Webber – This book, OMG! This is such a great love story, with very sexy yet equally realistic main characters, a plot that isn’t shallow, and some really important lessons that we could all benefit from, especially for us ladies. Easy is such a beautiful story, and wow, hopefully they make a movie out of this one.
4. Hate List by Jennifer Brown – I think that Hate List is an incredibly important book, one that deals with real-life issues that so many teenagers face everyday. It tells us about hatred that builds, and what happens when that hatred finally spills over. It tells us about a story of a girl who was trapped underneath it all. I feel like this should be made into a movie because of the lessons that it imparts, and because the story is just heartbreakingly beautiful.
5. Angelfall (Penryn and the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee – This book is such a marvel. The dystopian elements coupled with the supernatural aspects blend well together and make such an unforgettable read. It’s equal parts horrific and beautiful, if that makes sense.
Dreamcast: For Raffe (our Angel) I think Douglas Booth would be absolutely perfect! *fangirl shriek*
Check my review of Angelfall here!
6. Unspoken (Lynburn Legacy #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan – I absolutely adore this first book in the Lynburn Legacy series. I thought the writing was clever and the characters were interesting, especially Kami Glass, who I love so much. If this becomes a TV show I would probably die of happiness. xD
7. She’s So Dead To Us (She’s So, He’s So #1) by Kieran Scott – Rich kids, high school, and a former queen bee turned outcast. This book will make a great TV show with it’s well-rounded characters and legit and far-from-petty drama.
8. The Hallowed Ones (The Hallowed Ones #1) by Laura Bickle – Just the idea of watching The Hallowed Ones on TV is making me shiver. In a post-apocalyptic world, we see an Amish girl trying to save her community from the horror that invaded and eradicated the outside world. I feel like this would be a The Walking Dead-ish type of show, and that would be super fab. Read my review of it here.
9. Pivot Point (Pivot Point #1) by Kasie West – One of my most favorite reads of 2013, Pivot Point is such a fresh and clever book, with a plot that branches out in two different directions, and of course, a heroine that’s left with that one choice that can change her life, and the life of the people she cares for, forever.
10. Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna #1) by Kendare Blake – Maybe this would work more as a movie, but I kind of like the torture of dividing this one hell of a book into episodes of a TV show, anticipating the unexpected turn of events every week. Yup, that would be perfect, says Tara’s sadistic alter-ego.
And that’s that, friends! What are your top ten picks for this week? Leave me links and comments and let’s talk!
Happy reading! x ♥