I was nominated for this award by Tanya at Read. Run. Study. and wow, this is my first nomination ever, so thank you, Tanya! I’m also supposed to nominate other people and write seven facts about myself.
Here goes nothing!
Seven Facts About Me:
1. The first paperback I’ve ever read was a Sweet Valley Kids book. I forgot the specific title, but it was about Halloween, and I can still remember Elizabeth (or was it Jessica?) Wakefield’s blue witch’s dress on the cover. Needless to say, I was a big fan of the twins and of Francine Pascal back then.
2. When I first read Carrie by Stephen King during my sophomore year of high school, I thought it was real. All the news paper clipping style of writing, JFC, I honestly thought everything in that book happened, and it freaked me out to no end. But I also wished Carrie White went to my school, because I’d love to be friends with her. I genuinely loved Carrie White and hated all the bullies who made her life miserable.
3. I am a HUGE One Direction and Taylor Swift fan. I don’t know but some people criticize that bit about me a lot, but I’ll be damned before I let anybody dictate my music taste. They just make me happy when I’m down, you know? I don’t even care that they don’t make the best music out there (at least according to some people) but their songs make me smile, and honestly, isn’t that what music’s supposed to do in the first place?
4. I currently live in a war-torn area. It’s been difficult and school’s out for more than a week now, which is affecting me negatively more than I thought it would. On the upside, it gives me lots of reading time, but I want my normal life back just the same. Money’s been tight because banks are closed, nobody could get out because no commercial aircraft is flying from here to anywhere. The end of this conflict couldn’t come soon enough, that’s for sure. But we still have to wait a few more days, maybe a week. It’s giving me a headache.
5. I love watching TV Shows! My favorites are Hannibal, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Vampire Diaries, Teen Wolf, Pretty Little Liars, 30 Rock, and Orphan Black. Merlin, too. Too bad it had to end so soon! I have them DVDs so I can watch earlier seasons while waiting for the next one to come out. Can somebody say hardcore? Hahahaha. Just kidding. XD
6. I used to read lots of classics, and I have tons of them on my TBR. But lately I just keep zoning out on them. It’s bothering me a bit, because you know how elitists are about things like that, and some of my friends (and family) are super book elitists. But maybe right now I’ll just read what I need to and want to. You know what they say; Never let anyone make you feel ashamed of what you like to read, so next time they’ll incriminate me for not reading Dickens or whatever, I’ll just have to tell them that.
7. Obviously I love talking about myself. Haha. No seriously, I do. I can’t do it a lot in real life, so opportunities like this are well appreciated.
- The Yasmine Public Library
- Such A Novel Idea
- Books, Tea, and Me
- Matilda, All Grown Up
- Chrissi Reads
- The Yeti Says
This is my first time to nominate fellow bloggers for an award, but I’m really glad to be given this opportunity because it’s one way to express my admiration for the awesome blogs that I follow. To my nominees, making a post might not be convenient for you, so it’s okay if you pass.
Thanks again to Tanya for nominating me! ♥